Monday, March 22, 2010

Cupcake Cuties

This last week has been crazy for this mom of 3 and wife to one. I have been training at Dr. Christensen's to take over the office while the whole staff is in Hawaii for a week. On top of that, I also taught a class at Matt's store. A Cupcake workshop with a Bonus: cakeballs! A couple days before the class, one of Matt's employees asked me to make cupcakes for her daughter's first birthday. So on the fly, with only about 48 hours notice, I came up with these cuties. We stacked them in a tier, and I decorated a matching 6 inch cake for the top tier. (kicking myself for not taking any pictures of that when I was done)

I had extra batter, so I made some mini cupcakes as well, topped them with flowers and dots.
















This is one of the cupcakes we made in my class. My newest favorite in my cupcake repertoire. SNICKERDOODLE CUPCAKES! (cupcakes that actually taste JUST like the cookie) Can you stand it? The frosting is not my usual buttercream either...I used a Swiss Meringue, or 7 minute frosting that was scary easy to make, and the yummiest, buttery frosting ever.



So yumnmy!

And these are the carrot cupcakes my students made. Cute hu?










3 comments:

Amy said...

looks yummy! and beautiful to boot! good job jen.

Patrick said...

Jen, those are pretty much the awesomest cupcakes I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Yep they are sooo cute but now I am hungry!!!!!