Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good news minute?

Okay, so anyone that has kids in school...I now know why my mom always had more of a spring in her step as we were getting ready for that first day of school.. It wasn't simply because she was excited for her young ones to start a new adventure. Or because she knew we would be so popular and make all kinds of friends. Or even because she somehow knew we would accell in everything we tried. It was because we would be in school for 6 1/2 hours a day. Think of it..6 1/2 hours. I don't even get that much sleep at night. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. I've enjoyed the summer with all of them, playing outside, trips to the library, parades, hiking mountains, swimming, camping, picking berries all over Hatcher's Pass, fishing, boating, fairgoing, all of it. But then there are those days, you all know the days. When we can remember back to our childhood, and how our moms acted when summer vacation was winding down? Remember the spring in her step? That twinkle in her eye? Yeah, I've got it now. I'm officially a mom with school aged kids. (and one big attitude 3 year old to go) Happy school going to you all. Enjoy it now, Christmas Vacation is just around the corner. ...

No comments: