So, we've all kind of had the icks the last couple of weeks. Nothing horrible, just a stuffy nose here, scratchy throat there. Then Monday, we had to take Chandler to the doctor for a rash. Tuesday morning, I woke up with the worst sore throat. You know, the kind where you can't swallow? You know you're sick when your workaholic husband stays home to take care of the kids while your mother runs you to the doctor. He took one look at my throat, and said "Oh ya, I don't even need to do a culture on that". Two trips the pharmacists, and a Z-pack later...strep throat. The next 24 hours are kind of a blur to me...Matt kept the kids busy, dinner was brought by a saint of a woman in our ward, and I finished registering everyone for our wards Fabulous Friday. You know mom's sick when the kids stay home from school, just because they have the sniffles, and get to hibernate in the basement with movies all day. You know mom's sick when Morgan wakes up, says "I want bekfast" and when she finds a container of Pringles, I don't stop her from eating them.
Consequently, I had to take Morgan into the doctor Wednesday, for symptoms of Strep, and yup, sure enough...our doctor was such a sweetie though. It was around 5pm, he saw that I wasn't feeling good, and I had left my insurance card at home. So instead of making me go all the way home, get my card, just to go back to the pharmacy to stand in line for an hour with a sick toddler, he sent home a back of the prescribed medicine.
You know mom's sick when she spends a week on the couch, no gym, no salad, and ice cream for breakfast is perfectly acceptable. Good thing my personal trainer is out of town...
Thankfully, 3 trips to the doctors, and 3 prescriptions for antibiotics later, we're all doing fine. Morgan is bouncing off the walls again...I can speak in more than a whisper, and Gabe and Matt have somehow escaped the ickies. This weekend is going to be spent reclaiming my house. Laundry in droves, dishes stacking in the sink...you know, a week of mom being sick, and dad doing good just to keep every fed, and...well, fed.
1 comment:
So sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Hope that things get back to normal and good luck with reclaiming the house! Funny how things seem to just fall apart without us! he,he!!
Post a Comment