On our drive home today from church, Matt and I were asking the kids (like we usually do) what they had learned in Primary. Here are their answers....
Gabe: We learned about the Holy Ghost and how he helps us. It was a good lesson. It was excellent. If it had been any more excellent, I wouldn't know what to do. (back story. Gabe's teacher is Todd Larson, a friend of ours, and when I was waiting out in the hall for the classes to get out, he came up to me and told me how good Gabe was doing, and that I needed to ask him how his lesson had gone, that Todd had trained the kids to come up with some really good answers. I thought he meant suggestions, but he actually had the kids memorize this response. Cracked me up!)
Chandler: Rocks and Feathers.
Me: what? that's not a lessons.
Chandler: Ya, feathers are light weight, and fly where ever the wind blows. Rocks are hard, and steady. We want to be like the rock family. Steady and firm.
Morgan: How to get gum from the Bishop.
Me: not what you did after church Morgan, I meant what did you learn during your lesson.
Morgan: Oh, to listen to our parents and obey.
As you can see, they are very well trained. At least to and from church and during. We're still working on how to incorporate our Sunday lessons to Thursday afternoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment