Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas pictures. Hooray!

The Christensen family party every year consists of lost of yummy appetizers, kids decorating Gingerbread houses, exchanging books with their cousins, opening Jammie's from Grandma, and the adults fighting over porta potties. (yeah, I won it!) It was an awesome, fun filled evening and I'm so glad to be family with these wonderful people.

Morgan with her Papa Christensen. All the girls and one Clayton climbed on Papa for a photo op. Aren't they so cute?
Gabe contemplates his next move.


The craziness of having 10 kids 10 and under decorate Gingerbread houses under one roof. I'm just glad it wasn't my roof. Thanks Jeremy and Renae for hosting the Family Party!



Morgan and I made quite the Gingerbread house decorating team.

Chandler's house was moderately decorated. Mostly because I think it all ended up in his mouth. :)

Morgan was very proud of her house. I think she and I got the award for using absolutely ALL of the candy on our plate. I mean it. We were literally throwing it on the house so we could be done.

We spent Christmas Eve with some great friends in our ward. We had delicious Turducken, and a spread the likes of which few have seen. Then the kids exchanged gifts that we had pre-drawn for, and the adults did a Chinese Gift exchange. I walked away with a blow torch. (yeah! I have so been wanting one) and Matt got a gift card to Blockbuster. (sorry Cam and Rosie for stealing from ya!) All in all, it was a wonderful evening. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends in our lives.


The kids loved swapping presents with each other. Morgan got a bunch of make-up from Kassidy. And she was so excited!


For the past several months, anytime anyone asked Morgan what she wanted for Christmas, she would answer "a motorcycle, just like Uncle Jeremy!" So when I found this at Walmart the day after Thanksgiving, I knew she just had to have it. Turns out, I'm pretty smart some days. And don't worry, Uncle Jeremy doesn't have a pink motorcycle....Its red.



After the 'motorcycle', everything else was kind of a let down I think. We could've saved a bundle, and just not bought anything else. I don't think she's even noticed her other toys.











1 comment:

JessicaRindy said...

Looks like you guys made out much better at that Christmas exchange than you did at the A&P one. How's your popcorn? Tell Matt I'm still bitter about my soft blanket he stole! :) Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!