This was definitely a Jam making year. The strawberries were amazing, and our Raspberries did surprisingly well this year too. I made Strawberry jam, strawberry lemonade jam, raspberry mango, Pear, Mango, Apricot, Tropical Strawberry, mom made a batch of Lemon Curd, and my new addition to the jam family this year, was Carrot Cake Jam. Major yummy, and on a dare from a co-worker, I entered several in the State Fair this year, and was so surprised when I actually did pretty well. The Strawberry Lemon took first place, Tropical Strawberry third, and my Carrot Cake Jam took Best in Show. I also took 1st place in the C&H category and won 5 bags of sugar. Sunday, September 11, 2011
Best in Show!
This was definitely a Jam making year. The strawberries were amazing, and our Raspberries did surprisingly well this year too. I made Strawberry jam, strawberry lemonade jam, raspberry mango, Pear, Mango, Apricot, Tropical Strawberry, mom made a batch of Lemon Curd, and my new addition to the jam family this year, was Carrot Cake Jam. Major yummy, and on a dare from a co-worker, I entered several in the State Fair this year, and was so surprised when I actually did pretty well. The Strawberry Lemon took first place, Tropical Strawberry third, and my Carrot Cake Jam took Best in Show. I also took 1st place in the C&H category and won 5 bags of sugar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment