Thursday, December 13, 2007

Homemade Stockings...Jenn's way



Okay, so those of you who really know me...know that I HATE to sew. Especially using a pattern. If I can just sit down, and stitch things together, no measuring, no ironing, no patterns, then I can swing it. So that's what I did, using Sherrile's stockings that she made as inspiration. I didn't even spend a dime. I went through my fabrics, found coordinating colors, different patterns, and then ransacked my mom's fabrics for some additional material. Then I took a stocking that I bought last year at the after Christmas sale ($2.00 at Walmart) and used it as a pattern for the shape of my stockings. Then I just went to town. My mom also has an embroidery machine, so I owe the cute name stitching's to her. Thanks mom. All in all, I'm quite pleased with the way these turned out. Please excuse the quality of my picture...it was taken with my camera phone.

No comments: