So, last night we had to go to the church to set up Christmas trees as part of the COmmunity Messiah production. One of the other ward's RS presidents was there, and asked me if I was on the decorating committy. I laughed, and said "I am the committy". (Princess Bride fans: "I am the brute squad") that's what I sounded like in my head. We haveone lady in the stake who's the Activities Chairman, (she's in charge of the music portion) and then there's me, her committy. And I'm in charge of pretty much everything else. Decorating, invitations, posters, refreshments, setting up chairs, (ooh, I still need to call the elders about that one) and having priesthood there. Did I forget anything? Oh, and the cute little ornaments I must make for everyone to take home as a momento from the evening. This year, it's a little bell, with a card on it that says: In olden times, a bell was placed upon the neck of sheep so that the shepard could hear his sheep and know where to find them. Our Savior, even Jesus the Christ, is that shepard. Merry Christmas! Community Messiah, 2007
So last night, my lovely husband helped me out with one of my jobs, which was setting up 6 large Christmas trees at the stake center. He hauled them in, helped me put them up, and then he helped strand the lights and fix the broken sections. He's truly my hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment