Thursday, December 13, 2007

Relief Society Christmas Party



Last night was our Enrichment sponsored Christmas Party for Relief Society. I think it turned out really good. There were about 45 people there. (not bad at all) Everyone brought a gift, and we drew numbers and exchanged them. I got a beautiful wall hanging for fall. Hand embroidered, and stippled. It was gorgeous. I'll post a picture later. We had a raspberry vinaigrette salad (mom made) that was sooo good. And some toasted baggettes, and chocolate eclairs. Everything was good, and so pretty. Then we had everyone quiet down, and we started our program. I used Jeremy and Renae's CD of Pictures of the Savior they made last year, and put it on the large screen for a slide show. Then as it was playing, I had one sister sing A LONG TIME AGO (one of my fav's) Then my dad and Matt sang MARY DID YOU KNOW (Kenny Roggers usually sings it) Then my brother Jeremy joined them and sang O LORD MY REDEEMER. And we ended with Jeremy reading the words to THIS IS THE CHRIST as I played the accompaniment. (words were written by James E Faust) It was a wonderful night, and I think everyone went away feeling the true spirit of Christmas, and what it is really about, which was my goal. I wanted people to remember why we celebrate the holiday in the first place.

No comments: