Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Day for Baking.

A couple weeks ago I spent the whole day cooking. It wasn't something I set out to do, do you know how it is. A batch of raspberry jam turns into 3, then a loaf of bread needs to be made for a neighbor who rendored a kindness, then a family in the ward is having a baby, and its your turn to make a meal, which always includes dessert, right? Then the dinner hour arrived, and I through together an experimental soup I'd seen on Paula Dean's show. No I didn't follow her recipee, just the idea of the meal. Its become a hit for our family, and one of my favorite quick fix meals.
My yummier than yummy peannut butter cookies.
Mearly a sampling of the over 6 batches of jam I made this season. (over 60 jars in all) I made Strawberry lemonade jam, Raspberry lemonade, Raspberry mango, plain raspberry, and triple berry.


My french bread I made that night. I had my talented SIL Jayme come take pictures of my food because I can never make it look as good in picture as it was in person.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks sooo good. Good job on all of the cooking. I bet my family wishes I would be more like that! ;)