Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Warning! Ranting Zone Ahead!

Do you ever have those days where you wonder why you even bothered to get out of bed? You got zero done, and more time was wasted than was saved.

I actually had a pretty darn good day yesterday. I dropped Morgan off at Grandma's to play with her cousins, got the boys on the bus, and Matt and I headed into town to do a little PFD Costco and Sams Club shopping. Matt bought to large shelves for our garage last week, so his intention was to fill it up. Its kind of funny, they're set up facing the other shelves on the wall, so its kind of like a grocery isle on one side of our garage. But I love the feeling that if something happened, and we were unable to get food, or other grocery items, we would be set for a while. (we're thinking like a couple to 4 months.)
After my handy hubby helped me load the last of the large, heavy groceries, I sent him off the work, and I went to meet my SIL for lunch. It was so nice. We rarely get to do this, and I hope to be able to do it more with all my SIL's. No kids, no hubbies, just two gals enjoying a yummy meal and good conversation.
When I got home from shopping, Gabe had been sent home sick from school...

(I hate it when the kids are sick....I'm just not that kind of mom, who enjoys taking care of sick kids...I'm not compassionate enough I guess. I like it when they're independent, and don't need me)

So I stuck Gabe in a room at Grandma's to rest and watch a movie while I took off to the pool, so I could get a number, wait in line for 2 hours, just to be told that the swimming classes I was hoping to get all three kids into this fall are all full. URG! Total waste of my morning. Now I'm off the hopefully get a little bit of laundry, cleaning, and cooking done, so I can start out tomorrow in a better mood. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hear you Jen.. I got all the kids dressed to take to BYU-I to take pics in the gardens, on the way Michael threw up... needless to say pictures aren't happening today. Sorry about your day...