Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Jesus Take the Wheel"

I love that country song. And for those of you who are familiar with the lyrics, this might be especially funny and appropriate.
So, I had to deliver a Hosting Packet for a lady tonight, who wanted to host a Scentsy Party. I don't know her, and had no idea where she lived. It was dark, and it had just snowed about 5-6 inches out here in the valley today. I finally found her house (up a steep, winding, and non-plowed driveway). I started up, but about half way, the car stopped, and wouldn't go any further up. So I put the car in park, turned to Chandler, and said, "run this up the the house please."

Chandler: I can't, no shoes!
(I had been in a hurry to run this errand, and as I am famous for, just yelled at all the kids to jump in the car in the garage with or without shoes and coats...dumb I know)

Me: Gabe?
Gabe: no shoes either.
so, I jumped out of the car, in my ballet slippers, and slipped and slid all the way up to the house. I gave the papers to the lady's husband, and walked back around their car, only to discover that my car was not where I had left it. I kept walking down the driveway, till I finally saw the headlight, way down at the bottom of the hill. So I ran, (slipping and falling on my tush more than one time) all the way down, where I could see the three kids piled in the front seat with the lights on inside the car. This was about 25-30 feet from where I had parked the car. I could even see my original tracks. Apparently, the car started sliding down the hill about the time I reached the house. The funny thing is, it didn't slide to one side, like cars usually do. (which would have led down an embankment) It followed the tracks right back down to the start of the driveway. Once I was in the car, and sure that all the kids were safe, I couldn't help but laugh, and say a silent 'thank you' to whoever backed my car so carefully down the driveway, since I was not looking forward to trying that on a snowy, icy, and very curvy driveway, in the dark.

I'm sure the kids thought I was losing it, the way I kept laughing as we drove home. But the way the driveway was curved, I couldn't have driven the car more accurately down that hill myself.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Holy cow... that's all I can say. Glad the kids and car were okay.