I was asked to make the cake for our Blue and Gold, and also told it had to be a large sheet cake. (enough to feed like 80 people). So, here is my attempt at a themed cake. (America, I think was their theme) I added the different aspects of scouting to the flag, to hopefully pull it all together. Did it work? And yes, I was trying to make it look like a waving flag, not just a flat one
The paw print Matt made on Chandler's face as part of the ceremony when they earn a patch. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there. We had to split up, since Gabe had a concert at school. So Matt and Morgan did the scout thing, and I went to hear Gabe sing songs from Broadway. Those pictures are on my phone, so I'll have to get them later.
Chandler showing off his Wolf that he earned recently. He was very excited! He loves Scouts, and since Matt is an Eagle scout, and I come from a house full of Eagle Scouts, we are very proud and excited parents.
Story time... okay, so when Gabe was in kindergarten, he came home the day before Valentines, and said he just HAD to have a cool Valentine's box for his Valentines, and that his class was having a contest on who could make the most creative box. Well of course we called Grandma, and together, the three of us came up with the infamous Pirate ship box. Well, here we were again, the day before Valentines, and Gabe says he has to have another box. We of course have to out do ourselves, but I was busy making cookies for the class, so I sent him back over to grandma's and this time they got Aunt Jayme to help come up with the castle box. Impressive, hu?This was a crazy day, as anyone with kids knows. I was asked to help out in Gabe's class, with their Ice cream party, and Chandler wanted someone to come to his, so Matt took time off work to help out there. (one of the benefits of him working out here in the valley). I took time in between everything to run over to see one of my friends who is visiting from out of town, and to take advantage of her clearing out her kids cloths from storage. Thanks Amy! Morgan loved getting a whole new wardrobe.
3 out of my 4 valentines. Chandler was hiding somewhere...and not wearing red, so he didn't want in on the lovey pictures.
Morgan's hair for the Valentine's Breakfast at school...they had invited 'that special man in your life' so of course, Morgan brought Matt. Does it look like a heart? This was first attempt at doing this, so it wasn't as neat as it could have been on a wiggling little 4 year old. Lastly, our dog Bear was taken in to have his hips certified so he can breed, and they looked great. We were very relieved because when he sits, he tends to lean to one side, so we thought he would for sure have problems. Luckily for us, his bones are good...he's just lazy.

1 comment:
The cake turned out great!
Post a Comment