Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Castle Cake

Keep in mind, we had much better pictures, but I haven't been able to get them yet. This is the cake I made for my nephew Hunter's 8th birthday. He saw it in a book, and I tried to recreate it. The one tower in front kept coming off its skewer and was leaning a little, but other than that, I think we were pretty happy with it. (especially since I only had about 24 hours to make it, from start to finish) which isn't a lot of time, considering I usually bake the cake a little ahead of time, and freeze it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome job Jenn! Love it!

JessicaRindy said...

Thats way impressive! Eric's birthday is coming up soon, could you make him a fish? :) kidding.

The Curtis Family said...

This is the one time I'm REALLY glad we don't live near you guys. If my kids saw that cake, then saw what I do for their birthday cakes, they just might think their momma doesn't love them!

Very cool!