This week, my Monday was the Monday of all Mondays.
But I learned a few lessons.... and these are my top ten:
#10. The road is not necessarily smoother on the other side. (when that road is a 4 wheeler trail in a forest covered in peat)
#9. my 9 year old is not yet ready, or mature enough to change gears and push on the gas of the car while I'm in front of it, trying to push it out of a ditch.
#8. ALWAYS carry a charged up cell phone with you, no matter how far you are driving.
#7. Never stand in front of a vehicle, while my mother is in the drivers seat, and there's a big black mud puddle between us.
#6. Happy Hookers charges $150 an hour to come get you out of a ditch, plus $65 just for the call to come get you. (and yes, that is a towing company out here in the valley)
#5. There is nothing better than a bunch of wonderful ladies stopping at your distress and trying to help you when your in a jam, even if all they do is take pictures of your muddy face and make you laugh at the situation your in!
#4. My Kia Sadona is not an off road vehicle. (duh!)
#3. Black Alaska mud is nearly impossible to get out of cloths, no matter how much Oxy Clean you use on it.
#2. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have Duke's of Hazzard'd it out of my van in front of my kids, cause now, they think that's how we should always exit the vehicle...through the window. But in my defense, how else was I supposed to do it? I had 2 feet of muddy water on all sides, and come to find out, there's no way to open the tail door from the inside of the car.
and the #1 lesson I learned on Monday
MY SISTER IN LAW IS A BEAST! And I mean this in the best possible 2007 kind of way. She was wonderful enough to come out to pull me out of the ditch. She not only came right away, when I'm sure she had plenty on her own list of things to do with 5 kids at home. But she also came prepared with rubber boots, a shovel, and towing straps and ropes. Me, my mom, and two friends and neighbors stood by and were amazed at her preparedness. She got down in the muck, slinging mud to dig out my towing hook, tied knots in the rope that a sailor would be proud of, and with one quick, but gentle pull of from her car, we were out of the mud, and back in business. Oh, and then she proceeded to wash my mucky, dirty car before dinner once we were all back at my moms. Thanks Sally, your are an amazing woman, and I am so glad to have you close by, and know that you've got my back!
2 comments:
Oh to be a fly on a tree watching this!! I'm glad that Sally was there to rescue you!! I hope that the rest of your week was great!
Thank you Jen!
It was really fun actually and don't worry... we've all had interesting off road adventures.
You are always there for us in a pinch, so it's the least I could do.
You know...being from Soldotna you learn to be prepared.:)
Having all brother's helps also.:)
You always have my back with cooking (Amazing Birthay cakes!) and decorating, kiddo watching etc. I've got yours with anything dirty, outdoorsey, kiddo's or animals.:) Great team!
Thanks again for Hunter's SUPER AWESOME CAKE!!!!
Post a Comment