Sunday, November 29, 2009

Riding Sun Dance in sub zero weather.

The kids and I visited Aunt Sally at the horse arena a few weeks back, and they each enjoyed a little time on Sundance. (had I known when I left the house via the garage it was about 0 degrees, I may have chosen warmer cloths for me and the kids. Like long underwear and parkas) Morgan riding bareback.


Gabe was all excited about it, till he actually got up on the huge horse, and then he got very nervous. We had to keep telling him to sit up straight, as he was very tempted to lean forward and grip the mane instead of balancing.

I had to sneak in this picture of my gorgeous little niece Christa. What a cuty, hu?


Chandler found this hand towel in the warming room right before his lesson, and since he'd forgotten to wear a knit hat, thought it would help keep his head warm under his helmet.



Chandler has always loved riding horses, and has recently started up lessons again with Aunt Sally. He is very comfortable up on Sun dance, but says he can't wait till he gets to ride in a saddle so he's not walking bull legged anymore. Sally told him it wouldn't matter. Either way, he needed to learn to get some "balls of steel". To which he replied, "where can I get me some of those? Cause easy trotting really hurts my tenders". Yeah, what can I say? he's all boy, and these are direct quotes, so I'm sorry if it offends anyone.

No comments: