Monday, March 17, 2008
Okay, I've been very well aware that I am turning the big 3-0 for the last, oh, 9 months. But as I'm sitting here watching the Bachelor, (you can't make me feel ashamed!) its really struck me. I'm OLD! The Bachelor, is younger than me. You know, it starts after you get married, when, all of a sudden, the missionaries you once thought were so dreamy, are just a bunch of pimply faced, know-it-all teenagers. Then, the girls you once had in Young Woman's are getting married and having kids, and kids you used to babysit for are going on missions and getting married. Then you get called ma'am at the department store. (you really need to stop that Matt!) I'm wishing I could get everything done from my list so that I can go to bed before 9pm. I need glasses to read the hymn numbers at the front of the chapel. Now, the one man in America who is desperate enough to go on a television show to meet women (he's so old) is younger than me! Ahhhhhh! That's it girls, I've decided...I'm just not going to turn 30 this year. It will be 29 the sequel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL... I remember the first time I was called ma'am. It was well before 30 too. It was traumatic! A bunch of little teenyboppers were walking by me at University Center in Anchorage, and one of them said "I like your boots ma'am." I guess there is some comfort in the fact that she was complimenting my fashion. And the fact that someone ancient enough to be called ma'am could have a sense of fashion. Still.
And FYI I'm watching The (desperate British) Bachelor right now.
Kate
Thanks for reminding us all how old we are really getting. I still think I am 18. NOT 30. I suggest you do the same. (But you are right, they all look so young!)
Don't worry, Reed will keep you young. But I have a cub scout now!
Post a Comment