Thursday, July 17, 2008

Walking down Memory Lane...


Just for fun! I like this tag. Instead of me talking about myself, its your turn!

(cause I'm stuck here with 3 "wonderful" children in the house because its cold and rainy, and there is no school, and gas is a wopping $4.51 up here in the state where oil is plentiful!)


1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! (this includes but you, my wonderful in-laws!)


2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.


11 comments:

Blueyedmle said...

I remember getting the Sherman old pool liner and somehow we fixed it so we could put water in it. We were chilling out in it. Anything to stay cool in AZ. I remeber Rustin Griner being over that day, playing with the lizards...

Amy said...

I remember being at a planning meeting for Women's Conference. There was an attempt to pay attention, give input, be productive, but all the while take care of kids, change diapers, give said kids treats, answer ringing cell phones, and through it all trying not to swear in the church... or was I the only one that felt this way?... ha!

The Curtis Family said...

Funny - I just posted this on my blog earlier this morning :).

Let's see. I remember meeting you for the first time in the gym at Strawberry chapel while you and your mom were decorating for your wedding reception.

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Emily...Barbie dolls and toilet papering John's house! (not at the same time obviously...I think they were 8 years apart)

Being my wing-man(or woman)at the Taylor Jr. High Tennis Courts and then over at a certain guy's house!

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

The first time I met Jenn was at Beehive Books just after getting home from the mission. There were two things that I noticed about Jenn right from the start 1. She had the most beautiful eyes that I had ever seen. 2. Very cute butt...she was up on a ladder while I was handing her pictures to hang on the wall. She was extremely cute (hair in ponytail, wearing a sweatshirt and jeans...) We hit it off immediately, joking and teasing each other, playing around while we were supposed to be unloading the seemingly millions of pieces of merchandise. We started dating within a week, talking about marriage within a couple of dates (official proposal took about a month from the time we met) and were married within four months from meeting each other. I am reminded each day that I am the luckiest man in the world. There have been very few days over the last ten years that we have been apart. Each day is better than the last. I don't know how she does it but I am extremely grateful for my wonderful wife. OK, you can all stop gagging now, I just wanted to take a moment and remind Jenn (again) how much I love her.

Matt

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

How many times did we meet for the first time Katie? You also came to our engagement party in AZ and Matt and I stayed at your house during that trip as well. (maybe I really wasn't a blip on your radar did I was actually a Stastny?)

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

How many times did we meet for the first time Katie? You also came to our engagement party in AZ and Matt and I stayed at your house during that trip as well. (maybe I really wasn't a blip on your radar did I was actually a Stastny?)

Blueyedmle said...

Jen- What about your high heel phone? I was so envious.. Or remember when Freddie Ashby set you kitchen on fire? I remember getting off the plane for your wedding and I couldnt breathe it was so cold.

The Curtis Family said...

LOL that's funny! I had totally forgotten that you came down here before you got married. OK that one I DO remember. BUT I don't remember meeting you at the bookstore before Matt came home from his mission. I moved down here in August, so if you were working at the bookstore that summer there's a very good chance we met. Jarad will tell you, I have the WORST memory in the world, unless it's written in my journal. :)

The Curtis Family said...

Oh, and I'm cracking up that your friend had to play wing-man at Taylor Jr. High tennis courts, since we lived just down the street from Taylor when we first got married. Small world :).

The Curtis Family said...

You stayed at our house? I remember you coming over, but I don't remember you STAYING with us. Man, 37 is really a lot older than I thought..