Monday, July 12, 2010

Heavenly Halibut

I have found a NEW favorite way to cook halibut! After my fishing trip this weekend, (yes, Matt and mom took turns watching the kids this weekend so I could go on a fishing trip with my boss) we had more fish than we could fit in our freezer, so I thawed out some halibut and googled recipes tonight after we finished painting our fence.
It is amazing to me that one of the ugliest fish in the ocean (complete with 2 eyes on ONE side of their body) can go from this.... to this....

to this!!!!!
Mmmmmmm. This is called Heavenly Halibut, and the name does not disappoint.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp chili pepper
2 lbs halibut fillets
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to broil and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a bowl, mix the cheese, mayonnaise, butter, lemon juice, onion, salt, and pepper.
3. broil the halibut for 8 minutes, depending on thickness, or until fish is just starting to flake.
4. Spread the sauce on the halibut, and broil for 2 more minutes or until top is bubbling and lightly browned.
Don't worry! Pictures of my awesome weekend in Homer to follow soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That looks heavenly. Yum! I have a fabulous halibut lasagna recipe. I will send it in a fb message to you. It's really yummy. Can't wait to see more pictures. Glad that you had fun.