Ok, so here's my dirty fridge. But considering we have to live off this for 2 weeks, I'm glad for once its so full!
I have a 2nd fridge out in the garage, and love it! We tend to have A LOT of fresh stuff at our house, and its so nice to have the extra storage for that. During Christmas and party times, its nice to have a place to put the extra food.
salmon, salmon, salmon. Actually, we're running pretty low, and can't wait for fishing season to start so we can fill our freezers with awesome fresh Alaskan Salmon!
Our isle of Food storage is 2 shelves, facing 2 others, and right now is piled high. The kids came out last week after a Costco run and helped me organize and sort through everything.
The small pantry cupboard I had them build next to my fridge. Its narrow, but perfect for the everyday stuff we use.
The small pantry cupboard I had them build next to my fridge. Its narrow, but perfect for the everyday stuff we use.
Here's 2 of 4 of our "food storage" shelves in our garage. The crate is chocked full of granola bars and cracker packages the kids can grab for lunches or a quick snack.
My kids are BIG Pasta Roni and Rice fans.
Matt gives me a hard time about how much Mayo I store. But come on! You can do so much with it! And you gotta have EVOO to do any cooking with!
Luckily, we have enough marshmallows and baking items to get us through a Christmas season. Plenty of after school chocolate chip cookies to be had at our house!
So, what's did we eat the first day of our challenge? I forgot to take a picture, but we had crusted halibut, baked potatoes, and green salad. If you ask my kids, green salad is pretty much a given for every meal. I don't know why. Dinner just seams incomplete without a nice green Romain salad with sweet peppers, celery, feta crumbles and cran raistins. LOVE IT!
Dinner tonight? Well, I had to work till 2, then come home and work on this blog, soooooo, enchiladas and salad it is!!! Pictures to follow. We were told to try and keep a journal for the two weeks of how our challenge went. What things we ran out of, new recipes we had to try, and things that went wrong. I will do my best to journal through my blog.
3 comments:
I am in love with your fridge! Also in love with your pantry containers- where did you get them?
Dude, Kenny Petersen from Anchorage? I think he was our bishop.
The pantry containers we got at Allen & Petersen. And yes, Kenny Petersen from Anchorage. I think he's in the stake presidency now. He's an awesome, wonderful man, and Matt really enjoyed working with him while he was with the company.
Post a Comment