Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oriental Chicken Salad


It was SOOO hard to be at Walmart today picking up a canister for my flour (since it had a crack and was leaking) and to not pick up any food. Matt and I passed by an end cap that had lunch goodies piled high (on sale....of course) and had to totally resist the temptation to grab 1/2 a doz to bring home for kids lunches. Dinner tonight? Well, again, really hard not to just drive through someplace on the way home from picking up Morgan from ballet after a 10 hour work day for Matt and I. BUT, we resisted, and we came home instead and made Oriental Chicken Salad.


Now, this is my mom's recipe, but I didn't have everything, so it was just kind of what's in my fridge tonight, plus what I borrowed from grandma)

Salad:

1/2 head of cabbage (chopped in thin slices)

1 head Romain lettuce (chopped also)

2 carrots shredded

1/4 red onion thinly sliced

handful of cran raisins (I love these in everything! and usually have at least 2 Costco sized bags on hand in our food storage)

5-6 breaded chicken paddies, heated, and sliced (I like mine a little crunchy, crispy)


Dressing:

3 tbsp. Honey

1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar

1/4 cup mayo

1 tsp dijon mustard

1/8 tsp sesame oil


No comments: