Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where are Your Pants?!!!!!

Tonight, we decided to walk the dog down to grandma's tonight after dinner, to burn off some energy (and the grilled pizza I made for dinner). We got there, the kids scattered and I sat down to visit for a few minutes. Suddenly I look up as Chandler enters the room wearing his t-shirt, and what? A pair of boxers? That's not what he walked down to Grandma's wearing, (in 30 degree weather)!!!
Me: Chandler, where are your pants? (a question I feel I am constantly asking this kid)
Chandler: points to the other room.
Me: Weren't you wearing pants when we got here?
Chandler: nods
Me: Then where are your pants? (a smile starts to spread across his face)
Chandler: What? I'm wearing jammy bottoms! (short ones that I've continuously put in Gabe's pile because they ARE too short)
Me: (sighing) Chandler, you don't just walk into someone's home and take off your pants. Where were raised, and by who? (my dad's sitting in his chair just shaking with laughter by this point...not helping dad!)
Chandler: Well, dad raised me.
Me: To my knowledge your dad has never walked into someone's home and taken his pants off.
Chandler: But he reads!
Me: Not with his pants off while he's a guest in someone's home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As the father of this kid, I would like to say that, Yes I have never gone into someones home and removed my pants. I do read quite a bit but I have never done so while being in someones home without pants....where do they come up with this stuff? LOL!!!

laurie said...

Matt, are you sure? Maybe you did it when you were 11 too. Jeremy's boy do all sorts of things that he did when he was their age. LOL!!