Sunday, September 2, 2007

Morgan's first wedding

So, Friday night we went to a wedding. We decided ahead of time, that we could handle taking Morgan, but that the boys would not enjoy 2 hours of pretty dresses, vows, and dancing. So we sent them with Papa Christensen to go shooting. (eyes widen, and there are a few gasps heard) And believe me, I was a little worried myself when 30 minutes before we left, Grandma called to remind me to stress to the boys how important it was for them to listen to Grandpa so they wouldn't get hurt. (I'm picturing a Dick Cheney kind of moment here). But they went, they listened and followed directions so well, I think they were a little bored due to the lack of excitement.
Morgan loved the wedding. It was at Ekluetna Lake. My personal trainer and friend was getting married, and the ceremony was right on the beach. It was a beautiful night. Lots of people, including the Governor, the ADA, and about half our stake. (not really, but there were quite a few people I recognized from the wards around town).
Afterwards, we drove down to a little canyon, where they had a HUGE tent set up, with table and chairs, and the wedding cake, and everything. It was really pretty. Morgan even got her grove on a few times. She thought the bride was a princess, and kept saying, "I can't see Lina" It was a fun evening for everyone.

No comments: