Thursday, September 20, 2007
Too old to pull all nighters!
So Matt and I were getting ready for bed the other night, and Morgan woke up sounding congested, so we decided to give her some cold medication. Our first mistake. She had some kind of allergic reaction, and about an hour later, we heard her open her door, (the one with the child proof know) and climb over the gate we've put accross the doorway, (to keep her in her room after she opens the door), then pad down the hallway to our room. I was too asleep to wrestle her bad into bed, so I let her lay down next to me. My second mistake. I spent the next 4 hours trying to sleep while Morgan jumped on my back, played hopscotch around my legs, and when I actually got her to lay down for more then two minutes, was opening my eyes, saying, "mommy, you sweepeen?" Finally, I threw her out of my bed, but knowing there was no point in trying to make her stay in her room, I made her a bed of pillows and blankets next to my side on the floor. Yeah, cause that would work, right? Apparently I didn't realize all she had to do was climb back into my bed, where all the fun could start again. So, I did what every good mom does at 3 o'clock in the morning when she can't get here toddler to sleep. I elbowed my sweet husband in the ribs, and said "okay, now its your turn!" I think she finally crashed around 5:30am, just in time for my alarm to go off, and me to head to the gym for Taebo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bless her heart and your's! It's amazing how precious sleep is!! Hope things are going well. You are awesome to get up so early to go to the gym! You go girl!!!
Post a Comment