Saturday, September 1, 2007

Our little bird leaves the nest...

Okay, so Morgan, (our baby) started preschool this week. The first day, I wanted to take her, but we ran out to meet the bus driver and attendant, so Morgan would be familiar with them. But as we were walking back up the driveway, and the bus was pulling out onto the street, Morgan looks back, holds out her hand, and says: "my bus! My bus is leaving!" I felt so bad...I had no idea she would want to ride the bus so bad. Then I drove her to school. She was so excited the whole way there, going through her backpack. Looking through the supplies of glue, crayons, and other things we were supposed to bring. Everything was "my colors, my gue, my pants, my packpack" We walked into her classroom with the one other child that was there that day, and before I knew it, Morgan had taken off her coat, hung it up, hung up her backpack, and was finding the chair with her name and picture on it, tracing her name on a piece of paper they had for her. I don't think she even turned around to say goodbye. And while I hated to leave her, I looked around, and there was only one other child, (so far, but they're enrolling more kids soon) his parent, a teacher, 2 TA's and the speech pathologist. I didn't think they needed anymore adults, so I snuck out before I started crying.

No comments: