Saturday, April 12, 2008

Morgan's new kind of mess....

Thursday was a bad day for me. I was hormonal, sore from a really hard workout, and had a bad sore throat starting up. I was in the middle of a piano lesson, and Morgan was supposed to be upstairs entertaining my student's daughter of the same age. I hear something fall on the landing, and then Paula and I start smelling something. "no, that can't be, " I'm thinking. But then I got up and walked over to the stairs and yup, it sure was. Fingernail polish. The bright red kind. It had spilled all over my carpet. About 5 inches in diameter. First thought..."where's my fingernail polish remover?" Franticly search through the bathroom closet. Finally find it. Pour it onto the stain. (there was barely any in there) Then, I got a towel, and started blotting. Hardly any was coming up. By this time my piano student was making a graceful exit so as not to witness the beating of my three year old trouble maker. Then I thought "where's my Mr. Clean pads?" Those babies take out anything! We're talking Sharpie marker off my couch kind of magic. I scrubbed the heck out of one of those, and this was the result. Not a big difference. Now what?
My mom did some research while her 29 year old daughter was on the phone sobbing about a stain on the carpet, and said to try shout on the stain, letting it sit for a while, then blot it up. Well, I didn't have shout. But, I did have the Oxy-laundry stain remover. I poured it on, let it soak, then poured some water over that, and got out my handy dandy steam cleaner. This is what it looked like after that.

This was my third attempt to get rid of the stain. After much googling on what to do, I tried one of the suggestions. Hydrogen Peroxide mixed equally with water. I poured it on the stain, let it soak for a little while, then got out my steam cleaner and sucked all the moisture up.


And here's my carpet tonight. 48 hours after the initial crime was committed. I'm still not completely satisfied, but Matt says I need to stop being so ocd about it. He's afraid I'm going to scrub the carpet bald. Then we'd have a whole new problem. While the stain is mostly gone now, I am a little worried about the glow-in-the-dark spot on the carpet and, hey, what's the guy in the yellow bio-hazard suit doing here?

1 comment:

Shiloah Baker said...

I mix Tide with bleach powder in a bucket of hot water and clean out all kinds of stuff from my carpet. We once had a little mouse (3 year old kid) spill my Mary Kay foundation all over my white carpet. I got it completely out with this. Good luck and it does look better than before!