Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I know, I am a day late, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank my mom for being the amazing person she is. I have learned how to be a mom from her. I hear Laurie's voice sometimes when I'm talking to my kids, and surprisingly, I don't mind it nearly as much as I thought I would. I learned how to cook from her. My mom is an amazing cook, and has a great reputation that I'm happy to say I have come to appreciate, and often benefit from. She has such a wonderful talent for creating things. Whether its last minute costumes, or Valentines Boxes I know I can always pick her brain and not be disappointed. It has been such a blessing to live (literally) down the street from my parents. The kids are able to ride their bikes down to grandma's, and I know anytime there's an emergency, they are just a call away.


I also want to take a minute to express my gratitude for my other mother. Matt's mom has been every girls ideal Mother In Law. I actually got to know Matt's mom before I even met Matt. (I worked for her and my SIL at their Bookstore). It was so nice to get to know the women, before she became the MIL. She is amazing! She is always willing to help others, and is such a great listener. Twice during our marriage, this woman has been kind enough to open her home to our little family. I am so grateful for those opportunities to get to know her better. Playing games, eating dinner out on the deck in the evenings. She is a wonderful mother because she raised the best man...Matt is an amazing husband and father.


I am so lucky to have these two mothers in my life. If I can become even half of the great women and mothers that they are, I will count myself very lucky.

No comments: