So, its been yet another week, and I have slacked in my blogging. But it has been a fun week, so here ya go. Monday night was Family Home Evening. It was a b-e-a-utiful day. And Matt and I have been dying to get back on the tennis courts. So we took the kids, and had fun for about an hour, teaching mostly Gabe how to play one of my favorite sports. Chandler and Morgan had more fun riding their bikes around the courts. I think we'll go just Matt and I for date night next week. That way we'll actually get to play, and break a sweat.
Gabe really had fun. He is definitely our little athlete. He enjoys the challenge of learning new things, and getting better as he practices.

Chandler's best 'wink'.

After we were done playing tennis, we road bikes down the bike path to a nearby park. We turned the kids lose, and had fun chasing each other around, playing tag, and hide and seek. This one is of Chandler hiding in a stack of tires.

I love this park. There's TONS of bridges, and board walks for the kids to run on. Mazes, and swings, and ramps. They had so much fun just exploring.

Saturday was clean up day. After a morning of raking, picking up trash, and cleaning up our own yard, I took the kids down to Grandma's, so they could help clean Grandma and Papa to clean up their back yard. (since we spend half our summer there). Morgan is taking a break, and having some fun with her cousins, riding the cars around.

Chandler's job was to fill up the wagon with dead leaves, and grass, and then take it to the back of the property to dump in the grass clippings graveyard. He was a pretty good worker.
Gabe really had fun. He is definitely our little athlete. He enjoys the challenge of learning new things, and getting better as he practices. 
Chandler's best 'wink'.

After we were done playing tennis, we road bikes down the bike path to a nearby park. We turned the kids lose, and had fun chasing each other around, playing tag, and hide and seek. This one is of Chandler hiding in a stack of tires.

I love this park. There's TONS of bridges, and board walks for the kids to run on. Mazes, and swings, and ramps. They had so much fun just exploring.

Saturday was clean up day. After a morning of raking, picking up trash, and cleaning up our own yard, I took the kids down to Grandma's, so they could help clean Grandma and Papa to clean up their back yard. (since we spend half our summer there). Morgan is taking a break, and having some fun with her cousins, riding the cars around.

Chandler's job was to fill up the wagon with dead leaves, and grass, and then take it to the back of the property to dump in the grass clippings graveyard. He was a pretty good worker.
&* %$%^$%^&%^$ Dang Dog!!!!!!
I stayed up late Saturday night, baking cupcakes for our ward's Linger Longer the next day. I went down Sunday morning to frost the cupcakes, and found half of them missing. What the? Of course the first suspects were kids. But Matt put them both through his lie detector test (its really amazing, you'll have to ask him about this), and concluded that the children were all telling the truth about not taking them. I mean, we didn't even find so much as a crumb, or wrapper. Matt kept asking if the dog did it. But I was with him the whole time, and there's no way, he had the time to eat 10 cupcakes that fast. So, I made another cake to take to church, and left the rest of the cupcakes to frost when I got home, and I figuring we would have them for FHE. Then tonight, I'm sitting there talking to Morgan at the counter, with my back turned to the cupcakes, and I become award of a smacking, licking sound behind me, and I turn to see Bear frantically licking his lips, and the dishcloth that had been covering the cupcakes was on the floor, with a whole bunch of crumbs, and only two cupcakes are left on the counter. (they were tucked between the toaster and the breadbox, and I think his Giraffe like tongue just didn't reach that far) I could have strangled that stupid dog. He ate 22 cupcakes in two sittings. Who does that? I'm talking wrapper and all. Its like he swallowed them whole. Hardly any sign that they had even existed. That's it. I'm sick of this d*** dog who thinks he can eat what ever he wants. I think we should have named him Wilbur, instead of Bear. Tomorrow I'm setting Mouse Traps all over the kitchen counter. Hopefully he'll snap his tongue off and that'll be the end of this habit.

1 comment:
Sorry about the cupcakes...but it is awfully funny! Someday you'll think so too! Wink, wink!!!!
Post a Comment