Sunday, June 8, 2008

Kids say/do the funniest.....

I sent Morgan outside to wake up Matt and Gabe this morning. (they camped out in the tent last night). She'd been gone for only a few minutes when I heard the back door slam shut. Then stomping, then my door came flying open....

Morgan: Mother, Dad said I couldn't have this and he not supposed to, and I want to, and I told him he's in big trouble! (all one long, ramble)

Me: (since I had no idea what her complaint was, I had to go with the safe bet) If your dad told you to do something, you better do it.

Morgan; (folding her arms across her chest, and stomping into the bathroom) Now I'll never marry!

(well now I'm totally confused. somehow I've ruined my own daughter's chance for a happily ever after and I don't even know what I did! Or didn't do. Or was it something I said? Maybe mom was right. Maybe boys are easier. )


Then came church today. I left RS a little early, so I could make it into primary for Gabe to read his scripture. I was standing in the back, watching my two boys in their classes. Then I noticed Chandler glancing back at the clock every 10-20 seconds. He'd look back, mouth 'come on...' or 'darn it, its not time yet', then look back to the front. Then he'd look back at the clock, look disappointed, and turn back around. I still don't know what he was so antsy about. He was obviously waiting for church to get out. But his teacher said he's never done this before. Maybe he was worried his pet caterpillar was hungry for dinner. Maybe he had an important meeting he was late for. Or maybe, he was a little weirded out by the modesty sharing time.

No comments: