Sunday, June 1, 2008
Race and Reflection
I've had a day to rest now, from my exciting little "challenge". So I can now talk about the more serious side of the race. I had a lot of time (unfortunately) to think. My IPOD was blaring during the run, but its harder to hear during the biking portion, so I pulled the bud out of my ear. Partly because I couldn't hear as well, and partly because I was all alone, and wanted to hear any rustling in the tress , ie:bears. So I was left alone with my thoughts for 15 miles of rough terrain. As I said before, I was so ready to quit, and give up part of the way. But every time that little voice said, 'go ahead, turn around...no one will know", I saw Morgan's face, and heard her yelling "yeah mommy, gooooo Mommy!" Then I saw Matt, my ever faithful companion waiting for me at the finish line. Then the thought came to my mind, "it doesn't matter when you finish. What matters is that you finish with honor, and your family will be there at the end when you get there." Now, this definitely applied to the race, but I think it also applies to our daily lives. I know that when I am finally called home to my Heavenly Father (which I hope is a ways off) my family will be there, waiting for me, cheering me on. Not just my immediate family, but all those who have gone before me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great analogy Jen. You are awesome. I will visualize this image in my mind while I am struggling with moving again, by myself...the finish line...the beach at the lake...the finish line...Thanks for your inspiration. I will stay in touch with emails and send you our new number when we get it. We would love to visit when you come this way.
Post a Comment