Now, this picture was too close for my comfort, you can see all the little mistakes, and dings from placing it there, which weren't all covered by flowers. The bride didn't want fondant covering it, so its harder to make a perfect, seamless cake. The ribbon around each base is, however fondant, and almost proved itself to be my demise.

That left corner of the middle tier was supposed to be in the back, where you couldn't see my mistakes, oh well. I credit the bride and her mother with the color scheme. Orange and blue are not two colors I would have picked, but that's probably why I'm not a wedding planner. I think in the end, everyone was quite pleased though.
The cute couple cutting their cake. Jake and Bergen were so adorable. She couldn't have been more than 5 feet tall in her shoes. At first the plan was to separate each tier with columns and flowers, but due to lack of time, and me being scared the whole thing would come crashing down, I made the executive decision not to separate the top two. I'm glad in the end, that I didn't. She's so short, I think Bergen wouldn't have been hidden behind the cake.
My wonderful mom helped with the flower arrangements on the cake. Didn't she do an awesome job? Thanks mom. By the time I got done making it, I was so sick of looking at this cake, I would have just tossed the flowers on and been done with it. You saved my bacon for sure!
Each layer was a different, very delicious flavor. The bottom was my mom's recipe for carrot cake, with a cream cheese filling. The next was chocolate chocolate, that was so rich, and moist, and wonderful that I have had people ask if it was fudge cake. (nope, just a doctored cake mix!) Then the top was lemon, and by far, the most popular of the evening. I have had more people ask me for this recipe since that night. And really, it was pretty easy as well. You'll never guess what I added to doctor up a white cake mix and make it the yummiest, tangiest, lemony goodness cake!
3 comments:
Good job Jenn!! And the flowers do look awesome. You guys did good. I think the colors turned out to work nice together. It is a very pretty cake.
It's gorgeous! You are soooo talented!!! Good job.
Jen, you are truly amazing.
Post a Comment