
This is one of my favorite pictures of Pres. Hinckley...it was taken during the last General Conference, and I love the look on his face. I love that he always appears so approachable. President Hinckley has been the General Authority and Prophet of my youth. As a teenager I had the privilege of singing in the choir at our Regional Conference in Anchorage, then afterwards, shaking his hand as he and his wife Marjorie made their way out. I have never forgot that day, it made a very big impact on me and my life. I'm sure all of us have similar stories of this beloved man. He will truly be missed, but thanks to the plan of salvation, I have no doubt that he is with his sweet wife again.
I love this picture for another reason. If you look behind Pres. Hinckley, you see another hero of my youth. Pres. Monson. I love this man, and his gentle giant manner. I love this gospel, I know it is true, and that a prophet of God leads us and guides us. I have a testimony of Prophets. There are no elections. No politicking. No soliciting. They are truly called of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment