Sunday, October 12, 2008
Me helping to skin the buffalo with our friend Steve Christensen. I think I surprised them a little by pitching in to do this. No different than gutting a fish on the banks of the Russian, right? I included this picture (even though its gruesome to some) because I think its important to know what goes into the process. I think if you eat meat, but aren't a hunter, you still need to appreciate what goes into that Hamburger your eating at McDonald's. This is what I grew up with. Even though I'd never shot an animal before now, I always knew what happened. What I should expect. As a result of how Matt and I are raising our children, they now have a healthy respect for life, death, and where their meals come from. The boys were all there, and were just fine. To them, it was almost like being in a classroom. They learned all about the insides of a buffalo, and even got to touch it. (I did however draw the line at the traditional eating of the liver. I had to draw the line somewhere)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment