Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo

For dinner tonight, I didn't feel like pulling out the usual, Tacos for Cinco De Mayo. So I pulled out my new favorite. If you haven't tried these things, you've just got to! You can get them at Costco, and they are a.ma.zing! I'm not normally a big plain tortilla fan, but I could eat several of these in a sitting if I let myself. They come in two separate packages, you can store them for like 2 months in the fridge, and they cook up in like 20 seconds. You can't even warm up the regular ones in the microwave that fast!

I started with onions, and peppers. Cut into strips, cooked them up, then put aside. I cooked my strips of chicken, added seasoning, and then combined it with the peppers and onions.
To cook the tortillas, all you have to do is get out a pan, turn on the stove, (no sprays, no butter, no oil...just a dry, warm pan) Place the tortilla on it. Wait till it starts bubbling, then flip. So easy, even us busy moms with piano students, scouts, and soccer can do it!
The best part? Here's the result. And I'm glad to say, all the kids cleared their plates, and didn't even notice they were eating yummy, good for you peppers. Yeah for me!


**As a side note, I'm thinking of starting another blog to keep track of my new ventures in recipe land. What do you think? Good idea? Mostly I want to do it for me, and my family, so in a year or so, I can blurb it and have a copy to put on my bookshelf, and say, "look what I did!"

2 comments:

Tiffanie N. said...

You're absolutely right. They're a.ma.zing! I love 'em. We have burritos, tacos, breakfast burritos, and even PBJ and crepe-type thingys with them. Tali and I like to fill them with yogurt and berries. The best is Nutella (or PB) and bananas. I could eat several of them at a time too, even plain. I think I'll go make one now. I'll be back in 20 seconds :)

Amy said...

Great idea Jenn. I love reading recipe blogs. I have used many of Ginny's recipes off her blog. Do it!