Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Mother of all Mother's Days


For my mother's day, my wonderful, generous, thoughtfull, sexy, sweet, amazing husband gave me the perfect day. It began with him waking up early with the kids and making the best breakfast in bed. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and oj. Yummy. Then they brought in the presents. A bag full of great spa and taking it easy things like lotions, bath gels, and candy. Then Matt brought out the pedi package. Not just your every day pedi, but the full enchilada, (I'm talking massage, wax, and everything ladies!).

Church was good. I was asked to help out in primary for a mother's day sharing time. They had several moms stand behind a curtain, and we stuck our feet out so that's all they could see, and then kids asked yes or no questions, trying to guess who it was. Morgan was able to tell pretty quickly just by looking at the nail polish color. (which I was the only mother who wore any) Senior primary was fun. Chandler seemed to recognize my foot right away, and thinking himself very smart, asked mother #3 (me) if I had had bacon for breakfast. Being the very tricky mommy that I am, had a brother from our ward answer yes, for me. The deep voice totally threw Chandler for a loop. Oh what I would have given to see his expression!!


After church (we have early 9am church) I was tired. But had planned on baking cupcakes for my mom, and a friend in our ward. My husband once again came to the rescue. He sent me upstairs to partake of my candy, the lovely quiet bedroom, and a new book, while he baked the cupcakes, boiled the chicken I needed to cook for dinner, and straightened up the house. He also kept the kids downstairs so I could nap. What a wonderful guy!


After I was well rested, he asked me what I wanted for dinner, and we decided to make sub sandwiches, and salad for a picnic. We drove down the point, and found a spot to eat and look out at the inlet. It was the perfect day. The kids were very excited about heading down this pathway and taking a walk after dinner tonight.




This was the grassy spot we found to take pictures at. The kids had fun throwing rocks and empty shells over the cliff down to the beach. We really do live in an amazing place. Full of beauty and gifts from our Heavenly Father.



I loved this spot we found, where there was a little piece of grass, next to the bluff. We stopped for a while, and I think the kids were hoping we've let them shimmy down the side of the cliff to where to ocean met the beach. (about 100 feet down) Ha! silly kids. So after they had given up on that dream, and I was done taking their pictures, they ran around playing with Matt and I was left laying in this spot, just enjoying the day. The quiet, serene day I had spent with my family. And it was a beautiful day too. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right.




It's so hard to get this one to hold still long enough for pictures. He is a terrific kid. Smart, loving, and full of life.






These two are such good buddies. I hope (in vain) that they will always be able to appreciate each other, and the wonderful brother/sister relationship they have, and hopefully will continue to have.



This is why I love being a mom. For moments like these, when the homework is done. The laundry is clean, and the fighting has stopped. I love these kids, and feel so blessed to be entrusted with the raising of such strong spirits.






"that's my monkey man!


I love this little girl's face. She has the kind of smile that can brighten the worst of days.




We've been enjoying the b.e.a.utiful sunshiny days that have frequented us out here in the valley. It has been so wonderful to go from a snowy Easter to sunny 70 degree days. For about 2 weeks straight now, this has been the norm. Morgan made this at school for me. Isn't it cute? She kept telling me to look at her hair. I was driving and not paying attention, till we got home, and I was putting her plant in the window sill. She made pigtails out of her grass plant. I loved it. So cute!


No comments: