I love the month of May. My mom and I have birthdays 6 days apart in May, and I went into labor with Gabe the day after my birthday and he was born at 3am the day after that on the 17th, so May is a busy month around here. Mother's Day is in May. Its also the end of the school year, Memorial Day weekend, our first camping trip is usually in May, and its the month that most of the races start up here in Alaska. I love May! The kids and I have broken out the bikes and skooters and I love riding down to the bus stop with the boys every morning, and then Morgan and I like to ride down to get them in the afternoon.
So far, May in Alaska has been WONDERFUL! We had 70 degree days, with b-e-a-utiful sunshiney days. It was wonderful! We played outside, hiked, went on walks as a family, and ate dinner outside almost every night. (my favorite thing to do!) I had extra kids on Saturday, and I pretty much just turned them loose in the yard to play, while I sat out in the lawn chair and reread my Twilight.
Then yesterday, I had a Young Women's camp meeting and we had it out on the lawn at the church. (when we have nice days up here, we really know how to take advantage of them!) 2 1/2 hours later, and I was quite sunkissed. Again, it was WONDERFUL!
Sorry everyone in other parts of the US who aren't having as lovely weather... don't mean to brag, but up here, we don't always have this unique opportunity. Love ya!
1 comment:
It's about stinking time you guys have some good weather! And yes, I am jealous, rainy, windy, yucky weather in ID. Enjoy!! ;)
Post a Comment