Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Proud Moment

Is it sad that when my son writes a scathing letter to my husband about what a mean dad he is, I'm not so much sad, as excited that he is actually writing of his own free will? I mean, this kid HATES writing time in school. Math, no problem. Reading, getting much better. Science, he's a genius at it. But for some reason, when it comes to writing, he's blocked. I am such a proud mother. He spelled 'meanest dad ever' correct and everything!

Also, does this mean that we're doing our job right as parents? I sure hope so. I know there were several times when I had the meanest parents ever growing up, and look how well I turned out? :) And to all of my friends who have sweet little angels who would never say something like that to you.... they either will one day, or your not doing your job right!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I too hear it, somedays more than once and from more than one child. I am glad to hear that means I am doing my job! I thought I really was a mean mom!!! ;)

The Curtis Family said...

I love those letters. Please do scan and post :). Though I can't imagine WHAT my baby brother could possibly have done to warrant that sort of accusation.