Thursday, March 12, 2009

Announcements! (no, not that kind)

I took the kids into town with Grandma and I today. We had errands to run, and I wanted to take the kids to the movies. The cheep theatre was playing "Inkheart". Before we hit the movies, we took the kids to China King Buffet. They loved it. Well, halfway through lunch, Morgan announces to me that she has to use the ladies room. So I get up and take her. On the way to the restrooms, is this half wall, that separates the buffet tables from the eating area. We finish in the bathroom, wash up, and head toward our tables. I'm just walkin' along, with Morgan behind me, and all of a sudden I hear this "Ooops, I forgot to wipe my butt!" And as I turn around to follow her, I see half the restaurant turn to look at me. They're all lookin' at me, because of the half wall, they can't see Morgan. And by then, she has ran back to the bathrooms anyway.

Now, I was not only embarrassed by her announcement that I'm sure half the restaurant thought had come from me, but also by the fact that she did not adhere to my rule about using a different term for her derriere. (the kids know I hate it when they say butt, and not something like tush, or bottom)

4 comments:

Blueyedmle said...

Classic!!! Im still crying!

BakerClan said...

I love this show, I watch it all the time

BakerClan said...

I love this show. I watch it all the time

Cheryl said...

Great story!! Kids are awesome, aren't they!! I can just see you in the restaurant getting all of the weird looks!!