My mom had an awesome post on her blog, and I thought I would also give it a try, to express what I am grateful for. I have been blessed in so many ways. I have a husband who cherishes me, and the covenants we made in the temple 10 years ago. I have 3 wonderful children, who came to us fairly easily, and they have all been healthy, happy kids. I have a house just big enough for our little family plus one large lab. I could go on and on. I know there are those who get sick of these too sweet, every things hunky dory posts. But let me tell you the reason I try to focus on these positives in my life.
I have a normal life. My husband does things that annoy the crap out of me, and I have a son who suffers from Aspurgers (cousin to Autism). We have struggled over the years to make ends meat. We have had friends steal from us, and have been taken advantage of. But all these things are blessings, and I'll tell you why. Because we have been given the strength to endure these trials. We have had to face them, and we have come away with lessons learned, and been better because of them.
So, you see, I am very blessed. I was raised with the knowledge that I am a child of God, who loves me, and my Savior died for me. For those who have similar trials, or ones that seem so insurmountable, know that you are not alone. I may not understand the hardships you are going through, because they are not mine to bear. But know that there is One, who does know, because He bore them for you. He has been through every heart ache, every disappointment, every trial you have every felt, He has felt it as well, because He paid the ultimate price for you. It has taken me a long time to realize that even though I like to be independent, and completely self reliant, I can't do it all on my own. It wasn't meant to be that way. We do need help, and its okay to ask for it.
2 comments:
Thanks for this post Jen. I second every word of it...
And once again you make me realize why it is you are SO perfect for my baby brother, who also has one of the most positive attitudes of anyone I've ever met. You two were made for each other!
I don't know if you're interested, but I just came across this. My sister's son has CP and has really benefited from hyperbaric therapy. Two completely different diagnoses, but she swears by this. http://www.babycenter.com/204_hyperbaric-treatment-shows-promise-for-autism_10310687.bc?scid=bigkid_20090324:3&pe=xg8l2
Post a Comment