Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Did I do any good in the world, today?

I have tons of pictures to post from the last week. (spring break, St. Patty's Day, lots of cool stuff) But until then, here's what I did today. (actually yesterday)

7am- woke up, got dressed for the gym, woke up kids, and hubby.
7:30- helped Morgan pick out the perfect pair of jeans to go with her St. Patty's Day shirt.
8am- made green pancakes for the kids in honor of the day. Cleaned up, frosted cupcakes for Matt to take to work, and put Gabe's Irish Kisses on a plate. (green meringue kisses to share as his something green to eat)
8:30-Sent boys off with Matt to drop them off at school, and I took Morgan. Then I had an appointment with a personal trainer as part of my joining a new gym.
10am- back at home, showered, and got ready for my 11am piano lessons.
11am- Piano lessons
noon- Piano lessons at homeschooler's house
1:15- pick up Morgan at bus stop, then stopped off at Grandma's to visit for a little while
2pm- back home. Cleaned up, did some laundry, and made some phone calls. Sat with Morgan on my lap watching Au Pair, while I worked on the laptop. (ironically, it was next to me on the floor, not on my lap, since my little princess occupied that space)
3pm- Piano lessons with a teenage boy. (very talented)
4pm- pick up boys at bus stop.
4:30- work on homework with boys, and did multiplication flashcards with the kids.
5:30pm- Left to go meet Matt at the gym. I worked out while the kids played, then we all jumped in the pool for an hour. The kids love the pool, and Matt and I loved being able to spend time with them as a family.
8pm- Late dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for the kids and Matt. (bad mom, I know) and a salad for me.
8:30pm- Kids all in bed, and I finally get to sit down and enjoy my DV-recording of American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. (I love Melissa--the bachelor is an idiot!) AI- Micheal's song was classically country, Allison did good, that girl has mad pipes. I don't think Kris has any depth to his voice, (especially for a Garth Brooks song). Lil, did just OK. I HATED Adam's version of one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs. Shame on him. Scott is just adorable. There's something so innocent about him. I don't like the song "Jolene" . Danny is amazing, but I agree, the verse was not as good as the chorus. GO ANOOP! Who knew a kid from India could sing a Willy Nelson song so well? Megan is great. Quirky, but good. I love the tone of her voice. She's just different and I like it. Matt was the best of the night. Amazing pianist!

Sorry if your not an AI fan. That probably really bored you. But we had a great day, and between influencing a few piano students to better themselves and their developing talents and spending quality time with my family, I think I did some good.
3pm-

No comments: