I went to the gym this morning, then ran some errands, then took Morgan and my niece over to the new store to warm up some lunch for Matt. When I got there, I was met with grim faces, and a broken back door. The store was broken into last night. Yup, some punk broke a side window, couldn't get in that way, moved to the front door, broke it, but didn't get in, then finally went to the back door, next to the kitchen, and went to work with a crowbar. The intelligent people took all the money they had in the store, (which wasn't a ton) and a significant amount of checks from the grand opening on Saturday that were in the deposit bag. So Matt spent the whole day on the phone, calling costumers to get new checks written, and since it was also a delivery day, he was dealing with those issues.
We thought when we moved into this beautiful new store, all our problems would be over. What kind of a person does this? And after they hit our store, they moved next door to the Salvation Army. Obviously a very thoughtful person. Oh, and did I mention that they have to be completely out of their old store by tomorrow? Ya, nice. So after I picked up the kids from school today, we headed over to the old store to spend some time with daddy for FHE and help him clear out the old store. Then we went back to the nice new kitchen and I made dinner for everyone. I took a few pictures of the broken window, but they're on my camera phone, and I can't get them off right now. I hope they catch this person, but it doesn't look super promising.
No comments:
Post a Comment