Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our little Peter Pan

This is a conversation I had with Gabe the other day while we were driving somewhere.

Gabe: What's after Kink? (elementary school)
Mom: Middle School
Gabe: Middle School, then I go to college?
Mom: Middle school, then high school, then you go to college and on a mission
Gabe: Mom, I don't wanna grow up.
Mom: How come?
Gabe: Cause its scary
Mom: What's scary about it?
Gabe: I'm scared of what you and dad did.
Mom: (now I'm scared....and I knew when I asked, that someday I might regret asking the following) What did we do?
Gabe: You know, when you got together and....
Mom: Got married? (please let him be talking about marriage)
Gabe: Ya, I'm scared of that.
Mom: Why? (I'm so dumb for asking these follow up questions)
Gabe: I'm scared of the asking part.
Mom: Your afraid to ask someone to marry you?
Gabe: ya
Mom: (sigh of relief) Well, you can ask your dad how scared he was when he asked me.

No comments: